Wednesday 18 September 2013

Craft Stall debut at Moira Furnace Folk Festival



I like a challenge and there's nothing like a deadline to keep you motivated, and putting together my first craft stall at Moira Furnace Folk Festival, as well as being involved in putting together a creative textiles exhibition provided both of these.

Having just got back from the TSG Summer school, I then had just over 2 weeks to complete my exhibition pieces and to prepare for the craft stall.

So first off I needed to make some items to sell ! - so I had a very intense couple of weeks dyeing calico shopping bags, fat quarters and threads; making brooches & cards; and printing off some knitting patterns.



Next I had to think about how to display it in a 3x3m gazebo and here's the result:


After all that prep & set up I could settle down to enjoying the event. It was lovely chatting to customers who dropped by for a colour and yarn fix. As is usually the case when fellow textile-o-philes get together, many were also very generous in sharing hints' tips and techniques. One lovely lady even demonstrated her rag rugmaking whilst holding on to my gazebo to stop it blowing away in a gale - and that's before entertaining us all with a spirited performance in the national spoons orchestra! - A big thankyou to 'Ballast' Jean - you know who you are :).


If you've enjoyed this post, why not sign up below for news and updates?

http://fyberknitics.us3.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=38014c8e6635cec474afe3720&id=d8d542151e


No comments:

Post a Comment